FCA Student Leader - October Week 1 Newsletter
Student Leader October Week 1: Choosing Friends
Check with your local FCA staff for upcoming events like Fields of Faith or Night of Champions!
Introduce yourself to someone new!
God made us to be in fellowship with one another. Friendships can be the bond and strength that helps overcome our toughest adversities as we trust and lean on one another. Choosing solid friends helps make life easier and our triumphs more meaningful!
Share personal example of a Christ centered friendship.
- What makes a good friend?
- What is the number one component to you of a great friend?
- What strengthens our friendships within our team and in our lives?
- Read Ecclesiastes 4:9-12: “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls, and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
- Describe the benefits listed here of good friends.
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:33: “Do not be misled: Bad company corrupts good character.”
- What do we learn about the power of friendships from Ecclesiastes 4?
- What is the third strand described in Ecclesiastes that strengthens our friendships the most?
- How does choosing quality friends benefit us as Christians?
Solid dependable friendships are the key to great success! We can celebrate with one another on the mountaintops as well as pull each other up through the valleys. Choose friends wisely and seek those that cherish the same things you do for your team, your personal success, and spiritual growth as a believer.
Memory verse: “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17
Let's start this school year strong by surrounding ourselves with the right group of people!
Posted on Fri, September 29, 2017
by Casey Carroll filed under